7 Types of Cushion Covers to Select from
Throw cushions are a simple choice of home decor that you can easily find in any home. And though almost every household has cushions to complement their settee, not many people actually pay attention to how there are different types of cushion covers, and the difference they make in helping to spruce up the atmosphere of a living space. That being said, allow us to introduce to you the different types of cushion covers that can elevate the mood of you interior space:
1. Cotton Linen - Made with natural fibers, the blend of these two materials makes for perfect cushion covers for people with sensitive skin. They stay cool, crisp, and gentle on the skin, besides being easily washable and hard wearing - automatically longer lasting. Cushion covers made of the combination of these materials are extremely durable and versatile, and come in a huge variety of colors.
2. Polyester - A popular fabric for throw cushions thanks to it being resistant to wrinkles, stretching, and shrinking. It is made of synthetic fabrics (created by combining different types of fibers) that allows it to retain its shape and colors for a longer bout. Therefore, it’s best to place them in those frequently used areas such as your lounge or dining room. A stylish choice for your space.
3. Canvas - If you’re looking for a waterproof cushion cover, canvas might be the right choice for you. This material makes it a great covering for unpleasant weather conditions (e.g. rainy, snowy, freezing, etc.). This weather-resistant, strong cotton fabric would be perfect as part of your outdoor furniture if you wish to keep using the same cushion covers for a longer period of time.
4. Leather - Another hard wearing and water-resistant cover for your cushion would be leather. Its surface is smooth and shiny and the texture becomes user-friendly over time. However, if you are a fan of leather, bear in mind that this material suffers from wear and tear if not cared for properly. Regular cleaning and seasonal treatment is required to maintain the softness and color of the leather. Also, if you have cats, probably not a good idea to have leather lying around.
5. Silk - The most luxurious type of fabric that you can select as your cushion cover. It instantly adds a touch of elegance to your home decor, and is a really good option for less functional and more decorative spots such as placements in the bedrooms or hallways. Due to its delicate nature, silk requires very special care and cleaning if you wish for it to last.
6. Velvet - A distinctive choice for your living space. It is a woven, tufted fabric made of either synthetic or natural materials, where the threads are evenly cut and distributed. Velvet covers usually come in rich colors and the texture is soft and a little ticklish on the skin. You may find velvet cushion covers in plain and printed varieties, and they are best paired with other cushion fabrics such as cotton and canvas.
7. Faux Fur - Oh so comfortable and huggable. Made from polymeric fibers that are processed, dyed, and brushed, faux fur typically has a fluffy texture. Having faux fur cushions in your living space will effortlessly make your space feel homier and more comfortable.
Hope you learnt a thing or two from this sharing, and go get them cushion covers ;)